Water is the most essential element to sustain life on this planet. 70 per cent of human body is made up of water. You may have not known this but in ancient times, our ancestors and even our grandmothers followed the practice of storing water in containers made of copper. Their aim was probably to safeguard drinking water but there's more to the story. In today's modern world where we have UV filters and RO purifiers to purify water, the storage of water in metal containers may sound old-fashioned and not needed. However, this age-old practice referenced in ancient texts of Ayurveda is now supported by several scientific studies. Storing water in a copper vessel creates a natural purification process. It can kill all the microorganisms, molds, fungi, algae and bacteria, present in the water that could be harmful to the body and make the water perfectly fit for drinking. In addition, water stored in a copper vessel, preferably overnight or at least for four hours, acquires a certain quality from the copper. Copper is an essential trace mineral that is vital to human health. It has antimicrobial, Antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps neutralize toxins.
- Clean your copper ware by hand and avoid dishwasher as the detergent can cause oxidation leading to permanent damage.
- Use a solution of equal quantities vinegar or lemon juice and salt diluted with some water at such times but don't use it regularly.
- Avoid scratchy cleaners like steel wool.
- A simple, soft cleaning liquid on soap base, hot water and a soft washing cloth is best for daily use.
- Use Copper Shining Powder for cleaning the copper utensils. Completely safe and gentle on hands.
- Copper Utensils Tarnish from time to time. This is Normal for an Authentic Copper utensils.
Many Customers Love the Vintage/Antique Tarnished Look, but Care Instructions for Minimizing and Removing Tarnish are Provided with Order. Instructions: Copper utensils needs to be cleaned at regular interval for removing the dark marks. Dark marks are formed due to oxidization process. It is the basic nature of a Pure Copper that it oxidizes when it comes in the contact of air and water.